Thursday Thoughts for Parents | "The Peace That Empowers Mission"
This post is based on Bill Berry's sermon, The Peace That Empowers Mission, given on April 23, 2017.
The disciples were huddled in the Upper Room. Fear had overcome them. Even though they had seen their Risen Lord, persecution from the religious authorities dominated their minds. Suddenly Jesus stood in their midst and gave them the words they most needed to hear…
Read John 20:19-23
Even after Christ rose from the dead, the disciples were huddled in fear.
- What are some of the things you are afraid of?
- Why do you think fear makes us forget the promises of God?
- How are your fears putting you, like the disciples, in a locked room?
Jesus’ initial, and then repeated words were “Peace be with you.”
- How does the resurrected Christ give us peace in the midst of fearful circumstances?
- How do you try to manufacture peace in ways other than through Christ?
- What would it take for you to find your peace in Jesus Christ?
In verse 20, Jesus said, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you.”
- How does the peace found in Christ empower us for our mission of taking the Gospel message to others?
[post written by Rich Humphrey]
More in From your Pastors
June 2, 2020Thoughts from the Psalms | Jeff Purswell
May 26, 2020Sermon Discussion + Prayer: "Ground That Doesn't Shift"
May 26, 2020Sermon Quotes: "Ground That Doesn't Shift"