Thursday Thoughts for Parents | "Your Unusual Story"
This post is based on CJ Mahaney's sermon, Your Unusual Story, given on March 5, 2017.
As Peter continues to minister to his readers, he reminds them of the wonder of their salvation. Though times might be tough, there is reason for ultimate rejoicing because of what God has wrought in their lives. Peter reminds his readers, and us, that we should never lose sight of the wonder of the salvation that has been given to us.
Read 1 Peter 1:10-12
Peter reminds us that our salvation was foretold in centuries past, that the ancient prophets diligently sought to understand it, and that even angels long to look into it.
- Why do you think it is so easy for us to lose sight of the wonder of our salvation?
In these verses we learn that as the prophets of old inquired into this salvation, God revealed that they were not serving themselves, but you!
- Think back to the times of the Old Testament and list some of the countless people God used and events He orchestrated to bring the Gospel message to you.
- Think about the people in your life that God used to preach the Gospel to you.
- What does that tell you about your salvation?
In verse 12 it is called to our attention that it was the Holy Spirit “sent from heaven” that was empowering the evangelist who preached the Gospel to you. The same Holy Spirit testified about the sufferings of Christ centuries before they occurred, was manifest at Pentecost, and was present in power at your conversion.
- What does this tell you about the nature of your salvation?
- How does it affect our family everyday?
- How does this knowledge drive us to worship God?
[post written by Rich Humphrey]
More in From your Pastors
October 19, 2021Sermon Quotes: "The Evils of the Beast and the Song of the Redeemed"
October 14, 2021Sermon Overview & Prayer: "Overcoming the Dragon"
October 12, 2021Sermon Quotes: "Overcoming the Dragon"