Thankfulness for a Year of Grace
Today marks the end of 2013.
In the Valley of Vision the Puritan prays, “Thy goodness has been with me during another year…Thy goodness will be with me in the year ahead.” What an appropriate declaration.
For each of us in Sovereign Grace Church of Louisville, we have experienced God's goodness personally and we have experienced it corporately. Let’s take time today and over the coming days to recount God’s faithfulness. Here are just a few categories to consider:
- The richness of our Sunday gatherings
- Truths we love more because of sermons preached
- New friendships in the church
- Encouragement through the words of a fellow member
- Grace in our families, friendships, jobs
- Opportunities we've had to share the gospel
Given how many blessings have come to us through God's people, consider writing a brief note of gratefulness to a someone in the church.
Most of all, let's recount with gratefulness and wonder the gospel--the good news that grace has come.
Let the words of Paul guide us into God’s good will: “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (I Thess. 5.18)