Sermon Overview: "Overwhelmed by the Overflow"
OVERVIEW OF THE SERMON:
In 1 Timothy 1:12-17, Paul writes to remind Timothy and generations of Christians afterward to keep the gospel of Jesus the main thing. He had been mocked, rejected, and abused, and yet 25 years after his conversion he is still overwhelmed with the overflow of the love of God into his life. He never forgets who he was before Jesus saved his life, and encourages us to never forget who we were before our salvation. Remembering that God raised him from death to life through the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross keeps Paul overwhelmed with a joy that cannot be quenched.
- When were you first awakened to the grace of God in your life, and how does reflecting on that affect you?
- Are you more aware of the supply of God's grace in your life or a seeming lack of God’s grace?
- What temptation or trial in your life makes it hardest for you to find joy in Jesus right now?
- How are you reflecting on the gospel of Jesus each day?
- Who can you pray for and share the overflow of God‘s love with?
More in From your Pastors
November 22, 2022Sermon Overview & Discussion Questions: "A Divine Prison Break"
November 15, 2022Sermon Quotes: "I Wish Tomorrow Were Sunday"
November 15, 2022Sermon Overview & Discussion Questions: "I Wist Tomorrow Were Sunday"