Sermon Discussion Questions | "Worship and the Cross"
At the heart of God-honoring worship is the exaltation of Jesus Christ and all that he accomplished on the cross.
1. JESUS CHRIST/ HIS COMPLETED WORK on THE CROSS…Is Our Means of Worship
- Why was the apostle John in despair over the unopened scroll?
- What did Bob mean when he said that the cross (or the Lamb slain) is our means of worship?
- Where might we be tempted to point to our own efforts or merits to give us access and approval before God?
- How does the cross assure and comfort us when we face our failures and the futility of our own efforts at righteousness?
2. JESUS CHRIST/ HIS COMPLETED WORK on THE CROSS…Is the Content of Our Worship
- How do Colossians 2:13-15 and Philippians 2:5-11 illustrate and explain this point?
- In light of this point what truths should our songs, our prayers, our sermons, and our praise include?
- What are ways that the cross not only informs our songs of worship, but also the way we live lives of worship?
3. JESUS CHRIST/ HIS COMPLETED WORK on THE CROSS…Is the Object of Our Worship
- If only God is worthy of worship, what names and descriptions of Jesus Christ compel us to worship Him?
- Explain how suffering and death are actually means of God’s victory.
- If “we become like what we worship”, where have we seen our devotion or affection for other things influence and divert our worship from God?
- Explain how Jesus Christ and what he accomplished on the cross helps us cultivate:
More in From your Pastors
January 31, 2023Sermon Quotes: "A Masterclass in Evangelism"
January 25, 2023Sermon Quotes: "A Gospel That Divides"
January 25, 2023Sermon Overview & Discussion Questions: "A Gospel That Divides"