Sermon Discussion Questions | "A Defining Moment"
- What, if any, practices do you pursue with the hope, desire, or expectation that:
- You are more acceptable to God?
- God is more favorable toward you?
- God should bless and honor your efforts?
- What if any areas of weakness or deficiency tempt you to believe that:
- God loves you less?
- God hasn’t answered or won’t answer your prayers?
- God is punishing you in some way?
- What truth and reality can keep you free from such guilt and fear?
- What have you found to be your heart attitude toward the Scribes and Pharisees?
- Are there any ways in which you find yourself similar?
- Have you ever found yourself confronting self-righteousness self-righteously?
- What makes you different from the Scribes and Pharisees? (Don’t fear! The correct answer is actually a celebration of God’s grace, not of your righteousness!)
More in From your Pastors
July 1, 2020Sermon Quotes: "Extending the Borders of Our Neighborhood"
June 30, 2020Sermon Discussion + Prayer: "Extending the Borders of Our Neighborhood"
June 24, 2020Sermon Discussion + Prayer: "An End to Hostility