Resources to Equip and Steady the Soul
No doubt you are trying to figure out how to faithfully and prayerfully respond to the coronavirus and its implications for daily life. Though we have decided to take the careful step of exchanging our Sunday meeting for a livestream, we will not diminish our pastoral care nor our encouragement for you to walk alongside one another.
One way we want to express care is by occasionally recommending helpful resources. The ones we have included below point to the Scriptures and to the promise that even in uncertainty, God is at work in every detail.
- To get a basic understanding of the origins and response to the coronavirus: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/what-we-know-coronavirus/
- To equip parents to speak to your children: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/children-coronavirus/
- To battle anxiety regarding the coronavirus: https://www.ccef.org/anxiety-waiting-and-the-coronavirus/
- Let this quote motivate you to read the full article: “Specifically, I want to think about how we can handle the particular strain of anxiety that comes when we are waiting for a threat that is gliding toward us, its fin visible above the surface. Thankfully, Scripture knows the fear of impending danger intimately and speaks to it repeatedly.”
- To equip and steady you with numerous scriptures and quotes, see what Lisa Donovan has compiled over years: https://lisamdonovan.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/anxiety.pdf